2. She refused to pay.
3. She denied breaking the photocopier.
4. She complained that the food was undercooked.
5. She warned Pat that the roads were very slippery.
6. She warned me that if I didn’t turn the noise down, she would call the police.
7. He offered to have a look at my TV.
8. She blamed Geoff for the misunderstanding.
Cutting Edge Un12 p88.4.
b. I thought you said you had been to New Orleans (already).
c. But you said you didn’t want one.
d. But I was told that the room cost 40 pounds.
But I was told that the room would cost 40 pounds.
e. But when I spoke to you earlier, you said he would be free at three o’clock.
f. But you told me just now that you had (already) posted the letter (to them).
g. But I thought you said the food there was terrible.
h. But they told me at reception I’ve got plenty of time to get there.